At the end of each of my yoga classes I invite students to ask me questions they may have about the class and without a doubt the most common questions are about my playlist.
I try to mix up the songs each week but have a staple few that always turn up. The playlist has evolved over time and contain a few from years ago when I taught mainly vinyasa classes, a few from my own personal birth playlist and others I’ve picked up along the way.
These are in no particular order, and I’ll pick and choose different ones each week, but the most popular and fitting ones that I use a lot are listed below.
Opening, meditation and warm up yoga music
- Om Namah Shivaya Savasana - Wah
- Rise - Jason Mraz
- Purnamadah - Shantala
- Temple of Silence - Deuter
- Sea - Peter Kater
- Moonbeams - Greg Barley
- Akal - White Sun
- Ek Ong Kar Sat Nam - Snatam Kaur
Mid class yoga music
- Stacks - Bon Iver
- For what its worth - Dj Drez
- Yearning - DJ Drez
- Mul Mantra - Snatam Kaur (My Favourite)
- Breathe me - Sia
- Spirit bird - Xavier Rudd
- Follow the Sun - Xavier Rudd
Cool down , Savasana music
- Devi Prayer - Craig Pruess
- Near light - Olafur Arnalds
- Reflections - Sona Jobarteh
- Long time sun - Snatam Kaur
- To build a home - The cinematic orchestra
These are just a few I’ve picked out from a long play list that I mix up every few weeks.
Do you have a favourite song to listen to in your yoga practice or maybe some great recommendations for a birth playlist? Would love you to share below with your ideas.
Love Lauranza x
Beautiful featured image by Laura Berger